Thursday, October 16, 2014

What I Can't Stop Thinking About...{{a WORD post}}}

I read it there in black ink on my Bible's page.
This is how He wants me to see him.
Through words.
He revealed himself to John's sight, but told him to write.
To record it in ink on parchment for me. 
Through words.
I've read it before...
I've not gotten lost here before.
I am now, and this is what I can't stop thinking about....

"and in the midst of the lampstands one like a Son of Man, 

Clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. 
The hair of his head was white, like white wool, like snow. 
His eyes were like a flame of fire, 
His feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, 
His voice was like the roar of many waters. 
In his right hand he held seven stars, 
From his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, 
His face was like the sun shining in full strength."
Revelation 1:13-16

I just can't stop thinking about how very beautiful He is. 
These words carry His majesty hard and fast. 

Visualization comes easy to me...
I love pictures.  I see pictures when I read...
I'm the type to never lose hold of my inner compass.
I can tell you without measuring if a piece of furniture will fit into a certain space.

But this.....

I can't get all of these images of glory together into one visual picture in my mind. 
This thrills my soul and grabs my heart....
Google this passage in images, and you will laugh like I did. 
Nothing - even the most skilled and talented of artists can create - 
comes anywhere remotely close to breathing this image into my soul the way these words do.

Every element of John's description is a rich imagery laden with deep meaning and purpose...
I've studied and journaled through those correlations, but what keeps churning my mind and heart around today....

The glory of mercy that He would reveal Himself to me through John's vision, 
recorded in words that leap into my soul and stir up deep worship,  reverent humility, and oh, the glorious anticipation!
Words that grab. Words that tell the heart to see. 

I cannot wait to see Him in all of His splendor with His piercing eyes of love; perfectly knowing me through and through. 
His sword of truth that saves and avenges my redeemed soul, 
His feet of bronze burnished through completed suffering and worthy to execute justice on all evil.
His glowing hair of pure holiness and majesty.
His Priestly robe and sash of mediating my restoration to Himself. 
His star-filled right hand of unbroken presence and leadership over His church. 
His awesome voice of rushing majesty that drowns out the small stuff of this temporary place. 

I think of all my right-now stuff;  the son with ears weak and failing, the strain and pull my broad-shouldered man faces in leading, the waiting uncertain, the hard of where wounds can ache, the ins and outs of doing life broken.... 
It all gets drowned out and floods away in the thought of this glory...
His voice, His eyes, His sword, His hair, His feet, His revealing Himself to me.

It's all here in imagery and sitting real at Abba's right hand.
These words here on my Bible's paper. 
I can't wait to see THEM face to face.
I can't stop thinking about it....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment