Thursday, February 13, 2014

Two Paper Hearts..."A Good Chance"

He was confident, matter-of-fact, really with his request. 
His tone was the kind of casual
that is born out of
unreserved assurance in truth;
unhindered by doubt or fear. 


He wanted my input with a school project. 

"Mom, I have to do this project for school.
I have two paper hearts.
On one of them, I am supposed to write what I love about my family, and on the other one, you are supposed to write what you love about me.

I am thinking though...do you think you could write something about God on your heart, because I am supposed to read this in front of the whole class, and this would be   a good chance
for me to talk about God to my class."

This is not the first school project to evoke tears (nor will it be the last),
but the first to evoke tears of this type.... 

Pure gratefulness. 

And a redeemed outcast,
tax collector,
weasel-turned-disciple
recorded our Lord saying this, 
"So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven." 
Matthew 10:32

No comments:

Post a Comment